Gold milk is a delicious and soothing hot drink that uses turmeric powder and has infinite benefits! The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. Tumeric has been used for thousands of years in India.
The medicinal properties of this spice is potent. Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and recent research has revealed that turmeric is a natural wonder, proving beneficial in treating many different health conditions.
Here are just a few reasons to add turmeric to your diet:
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in the disinfection of cuts and burns.
2. Gargle with the powder in warm water and lemon to help relieve sore throats.
3. Powerful CANCER Fighter
4. It can prevent melanoma.
5. It is a natural detoxifier of the liver.
7. It can prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease.
8. It can prevent the onset of metastases in many different forms of cancer.
9. It is a powerful natural anti-inflammatory that works, as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs, but without the side effects.
10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple
11. It is a natural painkiller.
12. It can help in the metabolism of fats and help in weight management.
13. It has been used for a long time in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
First a paste is made and the paste is used with a milk made of walnut to make milk of gold.
¼ cup turmeric powder
½ teaspoon ground pepper
½ cup of water
Measure the ingredients and mix the powders and water in a small sauce pan and mix well. Turn the heat to medium and stir constantly until the mixture is a thick paste. This will happen quickly. Let the mixture cool and then store it in a small jar in the refrigerator for future drinks. It will be stored for a couple of weeks.
Then prepare the golden milk ….
Milk of gold
1 cup of milk of your choice
1 teaspoon almond oil, ghee or olive oil, coconut oil
¼ teaspoon or more turmeric paste
Raw honey to taste
You can mix all the ingredients to make a rich smoothie or you can heat the milk and serve with cinnamon or other spices sprayed on top. You can also combine with dates or other fruits to add sweetness.
eBook here for 25 FREE juice recipes (there is another curative recipe for turmeric in the ebook):
If you are addicted to online shopping like me, here are the links to the ingredients I use!
Coconut oil :
Also if you are curious what kind of juicer I have, its right here. And I love it:
Video credits to The Sweeter the Juice YouTube channel